1. From the thread link above, download both the TWRP.zip and root-stable.zip files and copy them to your sdcard.
2. Shut-down your device and then power on and go to boot mode and select recovery mode.
3. From the menu, navigate to APPLY UPDATE FROM SDCARD2. Select the TWRP.zip and install it then shut-down again.
4. Power up the device and go to recovery mode again.
5. From the TWRP Recovery menu, press the install button and find the root-stable.zip. This will root your device. Voila!
You can also use different ROMs here.
1. Open Bluetooth Settings and tick the “Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer”.
2. Go to your PC Settings. (press Windows+W, type “Devices”).
3. Click the “Add a device”.
4. Place device in pairing mode.
You can manage your android from your favorite browser using AirDroid apk.
It transfer files to and from your device via web browser. Wireless operation via WiFi connection.
No client required on computer, enjoy all functions & features just in your browser. Free of drivers or computer environment limits.
IM like interface, search contacts or copy the messages, chat with your friends more conveniently. Quick and easy group texting from the comfort of your desktop.
Organize music, photos, videos, messages and call logs with contacts. Much easier apps install, uninstall and even backing up. Play music and video clips stored on device, or view your photos on the big computer screen.
Provide convenient management on your device. Including Device Status, Processes Manager, Apps Manager and SD Card control.
Device screenshot, multiple desktops, weather, calendar, url transfer, etc.
While googling, I found this link that guided me step-by-step to get Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 into my Nexus 7.
But there is a quick little trick that will push the OTA update into my Nexus 7 immediately.
1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
2. Find Google Services Framework.
3. Tap on Force Stop.
4. Select Clear Data.
5. Head back to the Nexus 7’s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update.
This trick was taken from this site.
YouWave for Android is one of the alternative way I did run on my Win7 notebook. It seems to run from a virtual machine. As I was trying the trial software and the trial period had expired, I could not write up more details about the software.
Not all apks can run as it is using native code which is not supported.
Some of the key technical features:
- Supports Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Runs on Windows XP/Vista/7, 32/64 bit
- Simulated SD card functionality – enables game saving
- Saved State – enables fast restart
- Enables multi-player online games
- Dynamic rotating – phone-like instant response
- Volume control buttons
- Retractable control panel
You can try iPadian if you like to run Apple’s ios in your PC.
At last someone (lontongcorp) managed to remake the categories to sub domains plugin working with the new WordPress version. You need to go to this link to get the working one as the indon guy do not know how to update it to the source page.
You need to tick the “Subdomain Roots as Indexes” option for it to load the category’s posts instead of the main domain page.
1) Back up and secure your data (you never know when your computer will crash)
2) Access all of your files on the go (from any browser or mobile phone)
3) Share entire folders and collaborate on projects
4) Send large files you usually (try to) email or FTP
5) Share high res photo galleries with friends and families
6) Stream your entire music collection
7) Take pictures with your iPhone, auto-sync them to your computer
8) Open, edit and save office docs with your Blackberry
9) Work from home, without having to lug around your work computer
10) Restore all your data if your computer crashes or is stolen
Here is the steps I found in androidforums.com. Managed to cached it from the broken link. 1. Search, Download and Install Steamy Window apk.
2. Run the application and tab the Back key.
3. Go to the screen you want to print screen.
4. Tab and hold the Home key.
5. Tab the Steamy Window app.
6. Wipe away all the steam.
7. Tab the Menu key.
8. Save the image.
This tips does not works in Android 2.3.4!